Lead

Sep 30 11 3:28 PM

Tags : :

I see these people every single day, and it¨s becoming douchey. This city is starting to fill with people who have no prep pedigree and who try very hard to wear preppy clothes for what reason exactly? - to capture something they didn't have as a materially deprived child? FYI people of Prague, there are no boarding/day/girl prep schools here worthy of mention, there are no yachting clubs, rowing clubs, fencing clubs, debating societies, there are no equestrian clubs of note, there is no seaside or country lifestyle that came from the English speaking world emulated and crystallized in the "prep" clothing and lifestyle, and there is no real money to speak of. So why do y'all insist on looking like something you aren't? IT DOES NOT COMPUTE AND IT LOOKS TOTALLY DOUCHEY.

Quote    Reply   

bro

fried cheese connoisseur

#1 [url]

Oct 1 11 1:46 AM

Hey Perryolio WTF happened dude? Check your pm inbox - I sent you one recently - did you get it? OK I agree there aint big preps around, there are some yacht clubs but they arent yacht clubs that you would recognize, I think the same could also be said of the polo club here because of the lack of competition and having played a few chukkas myself I have worn RL Polo but won't wear it now as a general rule, and the rest of the brands mentioned in the link are no big deal to me. I wear what is practical.

I agree that people are going overboard on the whole prep thing. If you went to a prep and lived the seaside slash country lifestyle since day one then you guys would know that whenever you wear preppy clothes, it was totally because of the environment around (eg school uniform, being on a farm/station, being at the beach/at sea etc - you wear a lot of prep style stuff because it's practical, almost accidental and occurs on a subconscious level. The way people dress here in P Town OTOH can seem a little contrived at times. That's what labels like Gant, Ralph Lauren, Hollister and Hilfiger (not really traditional prep brands), Uggs etc try to capture in their marketing. People who are prep look like that - everyone else pays throught the nose to look like that, but don't have the props or need to dress that way.

Agree also about people with materially deprived childhoods trying to compensate... but that's a problem all over, and not about some authentic code of dress.

Quote    Reply   

hardy

knedliky connoisseur

#2 [url]

Oct 11 11 5:58 PM

Perry we've spoken about this and I do not agree that there is anything resembling prep here. Wearing a large TH or A&F sweat or jersey isn't the same as a "prep look". You guys know I went to a real prep and even I don't dress prep all of the time as it can be tiring and I've done it for so long now.

Quote    Reply   

perry

street & metro urinator

#5 [url]

Oct 11 11 7:23 PM

You went to PAA? They don't even have a fencing team - what kind of prep is that - Haha !

@ Bro's prep - HOLY *****! Name is?

Jeff went to Browning, I already knew.

Quote    Reply   

hardy

knedliky connoisseur

#6 [url]

Oct 11 11 7:27 PM

Bro's prep - IGS. I think noted for tennis, field hockey, rugby, cricket, the most kickass track team and some pretty smart people to boot - if I believe what he says. Agree - best old school building - ever. No girls though.

We had a fencing club, not a team per se. Better than your fuckface no-name "prep" - HA! Which was? Or are you too embarrassed to name it?

Quote    Reply   

perry

street & metro urinator

#7 [url]

Oct 11 11 7:37 PM

Bro's prep - IGS. I think noted for tennis, athletics, hockey, rugby, cricket, and some pretty cool smart people to boot - if I believe what he says. Agree - best old school building - ever.
We had a fencing club, not a team per se. Better than your fuckface no-name "prep" - HA! Which was? Or are you too embarrassed to name it?

-hardy

The only embarrassing thing is how pathetic your gay-academy school days were compared to mine:

Quote    Reply   

hardy

knedliky connoisseur

#8 [url]

Oct 11 11 7:39 PM

I see - Hotchkiss - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Allow me to laugh my ass off.

PAA on a Sunday > Hotchkiss Monday - Friday

The last time your school won a track meet was what, 5 years ago?

Quote    Reply   

bro

fried cheese connoisseur

#9 [url]

Oct 12 11 7:07 AM

I knew Perry went to Hotchkiss. There aint nothing wrong with Hotchkiss - you guys have an awesome tennis facility - 20 courts! We only have a dozen or so - but Roy Emerson didn't go to Hotchkiss - har!

Quote    Reply   

hardy

knedliky connoisseur

#11 [url]

Oct 12 11 9:48 AM

I knew Perry went to Hotchkiss. There aint nothing wrong with Hotchkiss - you guys have an awesome tennis facility - 20 courts! We only have a dozen or so - but Roy Emerson didn't go to Hotchkiss - har!

-bro

Wait - Emerson went to your school? No way! You must have had an kickass tennis squad. You guys always have awesome tennis players. What about Newcombe, Laver, and Rosewall? Serious awesomeness in white shirts - one and all.

Newcombe vs Emerson - who was actually better Bro?

Quote    Reply   

perry

street & metro urinator

#13 [url]

Oct 13 11 5:53 PM

Will you elitist homos stop carrying on about prep this and non prep that and how many polo teams your school had?
That is all.

-biginprague

How about trying to contribute to the thread?

Quote    Reply   

mrgreen

metro elbower

#14 [url]

Oct 18 11 7:05 AM

I saw a young dude the other day trying to pull of Nantucket Reds. Except they weren't Nantucket Reds, and he wasn't from Nantucket. He was a Czech douchebag of 20 something years of age who lives in a 10x10 meter panelak apartment with a piss stained stairwell and rickety elevator trying to be something that he isn't - a prep.

Quote    Reply   

mrgreen

metro elbower

#15 [url]

Oct 18 11 7:06 AM

Will you elitist homos stop carrying on about prep this and non prep that and how many polo teams your school had?
That is all.

-biginprague

No.

That is all.

Quote    Reply   

mrgreen

metro elbower

#16 [url]

Oct 18 11 7:07 AM

...I do not agree that there is anything resembling prep here. Wearing a large TH or A&F sweat or jersey isn't the same as a "prep look". You guys know I went to a real prep and even I don't dress prep all of the time as it can be tiring and I've done it for so long now.

-hardy

It always strikes me as so funny when I see some guy wearing A&F or Hilfiger here in Europe and they pay so much for it.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 28 11 10:24 PM

I saw a young dude the other day trying to pull of Nantucket Reds. Except they weren't Nantucket Reds, and he wasn't from Nantucket. He was a Czech douchebag of 20 something years of age who lives in a 10x10 meter panelak apartment with a piss stained stairwell and rickety elevator trying to be something that he isn't - a prep.
-mrgreen

Agreed. It cracks me up every time I see some eurotrash trying to pull off the preppy look, trying to be something they aren't. The only look unique to europe is this one: the 20th century refugee look, that is before we and the canucks and aussies came in to save their asses from themselves:

I AM POOPLES THE CAT AND I AM THE BEST CAT IN PRAGUE

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help